Hidden cameras with extra long battery life!
When you need to deploy a hidden spy camera in a location where plug in power is simply not an option then battery life becomes a major concern. Most low cost cameras on the market use pixel activated motion recording which uses up battery power almost as fast as straight video recording. To get longer battery life you need to consider PIR (Passive Infra Red) motion activation.
We have a large selection of models with super long battery life >>> here
What's the difference between PIR and Pixel Activation?
Pixel activation is always recording video and analyzing the screen image for movement. When movement is detected (by the pixels on the image changing) then the recording is saved to memory. If no movement is detected that snippet of recorded video is discarded.
PIR activation used infra red light to crate a heat map of the area in front of it. every few seconds an new heat map is created and compared to the previous heat map. When significant change between the two is calculated the camera turns on and begins recording.
What is the advantage of Pixel based motion activation?
- Pixel based motion activation has a greater range of detection. As long as the moving object is large enough to change the pixels on the screen the video will be recorded and saved.
- Pixel based motion activation works through windows
- Since pixel based activation is "always on" you won't miss the first 1 or 2 seconds of action. The file save function is calibrated to save the portion of video that occurs just prior to the activation
What is the advantage of PIR based motion activation?
- PIR motion activation only uses its heat map function every few seconds so it draws power from the batteries very slowly and allows your device to sit in standby for long periods of time without recharging
- PIR motion activation is not triggered by motion of objects far away such as trees blowing in the wind, or people passing by a window
What is the dis advantage of Pixel based motion activation?
- Pixel based motion activation draws power very quickly and is not good for long term deployment unless the camera is powered by AC. Most units on the market max out at 12 hours of battery power
What is the disadvantage of PIR based motion activation?
- PIR motion activation has a short delay before the activation feature can trigger the camera so you will miss the first second or two of action. Not good for fast action recording such as catching someone running past it.
- PIR motion activation has a limited range. Cheaper models usually have a 10 ft. range. Long range (25 ft) are considerably more expensive.
- +Hidden Cameras
- +CCTV Camera Systems
- Vehicle Dash Cameras
- Dummy Cameras
- +Bug Detectors
- Phone Recorders
- Audio Recorders
- GPS Tracking
- Personal Alarms
- Alarm Systems
- Security Flashlights
- Car Security and Safety
- Metal Detectors
- +Home Safety And Security
- Security Mail Boxes
- Keyless Door Locks
- Gun Safes - Conceal and Carry
- Combination Safes
- +Diversion Safes
- +CCTV Security Cameras
- WiFi Home Control
- Survival Gear
- GPS Loggers